In 1998 Bill Wallace and three other car enthusiasts who had been meeting at Ted's Place at Aliso Creek Road and La Paz Road in Laguna Niguel, California decided to form a small car club and name it South Orange County Rod and Customs. They wanted to attract a group of like minded car folks from the local southern Orange County area who enjoyed spending time together as well as participating in local car shows, cruises and events. The only requirement was that a car needed to be an American made hot rod or custom 1955 or older. As membership grew over those first few years, by-laws were written, dues were established and the Club logo/graphics were designed for Club clothing and signage. South Orange County Rods and Customs was off and cruising.